Air pollution has emerged as a top-10 risk factor for human health in India and the cities are increasingly exceeding the national ambient standards and the World Health Organizations guidelines for criteria pollutants. To support India’s air pollution management framework, modeled 24-hr (daily) average ambient concentrations were simulated for the next 72-hours, using meteorology processed through 3D-WRF meteorological model and the GFS meteorological fields and the concentrations simulated through the CAMx chemical transport modeling system, coupled to a dynamic emissions inventory.
This page presents the modeled PM2.5 concentrations and modeled daily source contributions, customized by state. All the simulation fields are updated everyday at 21:00 local time. Click here for the national maps of the same.
Air Quality Forecasts
PM2.5 Source Contributions
Back to the India air quality forecasting page. Additional data fields from the forecasting system
- Forecasts – animations of hourly wind, temperature, precipitation, and mixing heights (maps)
- Forecasts – daily (24 hour) average concentrations (maps)
- Forecasts – animations of hourly average concentrations (maps)
- Forecasts – hourly time series at the district level
- Forecasts – modeled source contributions to hourly PM2.5 concentrations at the district level
your queries to email@example.com